Just to let you all know we have had a couple of server issues this morning, particularly with our mail server, however it is all fixed now and all the outstanding mail has now been set. Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.
Going on a first date, need some ideas of what to do to make it as good as possible? Check out our top 10 first date ideas tips for inspiration.
Thinking of dating a friend? If so check out our dating a friend advice article to help you decide if it is a good idea and what to do and not to do if you decide to go for it.
National Geographic Magazine has been looking at stats and has come up with what makes the typical person, it’s pretty interesting, take a watch:
We have recently added a new feature to the search results page, the ability to sort the results by ‘nearest’. Two things to know about the new feature.
- It is only available when you are logged into the site and you have filled in your ‘postcode’ in your profile. If you have not done this yet, simply go to ‘Account Setting’ from the Members Menu and you can added it there.
- When you sort by ‘nearest’ you may find that you get slightly less results. This is because we can only order by distance for other people that have filled in their postcode.
Hope you like the new feature. Keep you eyes on the blog for more as we are working on the site all the time to make it better. As always, if you have any suggestions please remember to either leave a comment on the blog.
We have added some new code to the photo upload facility to make it more robust and able to handle different types of JPEG images better. So far these fixes appear to have been successful. More updates coming soon. As always, if you have any suggestions please remember to either leave a comment on the blog.
Just spend several hours going over the error logs and fixing as many minor bugs as I could find. Hopefully this will make the site less prone to errors that people see, so far it is looking good, no new errors in the logs since the fixes were uploaded!!! Next it is on to fixing a bigger issue with the photo upload section that seems to be affecting some people every now and again. As also, if you have any suggestions please remember to either leave a comment on the blog.
We have made several updates to the site other the last couple of weeks and we just wanted to let everyone know about them. The updates are as follows:
- The search results page has been updated with a new look for the top section of the page where the ‘refine search’ and result summary appears. The new look has been designed to make things clearer and more useable. We have also added a “sort results by” options to allow you to re-order the search results so you can find that special someone even quicker.
- The “In Your Area” option on the members menu know only shows members in your area that are the gender you are looking for and that are looking for your gender. For example if you are man looking for a women, it will now only show you women looking for men in your area.
- The “Viewed me” page now shows the location of the people that have viewed you.
We have more updates in the pipeline and we will of course update the blog when they are released. In the mean time if you have any requests leave a comment on the blog.