We are pleased to announce that all our sites are now operating on HTTPS to ensure secure communications between your web browser and our servers. This means that whichever of the Completely Free Dating websites you are using your data will be encrypted while in transit across the internet. When accessing the site you will now see the “padlock” in your browsers address bar tell you that your connection is secured.
If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a review over at Review Centre.
More site updates coming soon.
We have been making some updates to the site over the last couple of weeks and we wanted to share with everyone what these have been.
Move to HTTPS
We have move the whole of the Completely Free Dating UK site to the HTTPS protocol, which means that all communications between our servers and your device, be it a computer, tablet or mobile phone, is encrypted and secure. We will be moving the other country sites over to HTTPS as well in the coming month or so.
Improved Photo Uploader
We have changed the photo uploader to use a new, easier to use photo uploader that allows you to simply drag and drop your photos into the drop zone area or to click and then locate your photos. You can upload as many as you like and it will show the status of them as it uploads them to your profile. When the upload is complete a tick appears new to your photo. This works across all device types, however it is not supported by some older browsers like Internet Explorer 9 and below. Special thanks to the dropzonejs open source project for providing this excellent functionality.
General Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements
We have also applied a number of general bug fixes and stability improvements to the site recently to help give you the best experience possible.
We have more site updates planned for the next weeks and months and we will of course keep you updated via this blog. If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback please feel free to email us at email@example.com or leave us a review over at Review Centre.
We have added the most requested feature to the site today, the ability to see if a user is online. This information is shown in several places, these include:
- On the search results page
- On the members profile
- In a message conversation when viewing it.
This also gives you the ability to communicate in realtime with another member via the sites messaging system as you can see if they are online. When online they will receive an alert telling them they have a new message or if they are viewing the message conversation at the time, the conversation will update in realtime.
As always we are very happy to receive any feedback and improvement requests you have. Please simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completely Free Dating are pleased to announce the introduction of a new look and messaging system to all four Completely Free Dating websites.
The changes in the new look are quiet subtle, we have lightened up the background colour so it is not so overwhelming, rounded off some corners, added some drop shadows and changed to using features built into the web browser to achieve these, to help improve page load speed.
New Messaging System
We have made significant changes to the messaging system to help improve the user experience. The changes we have made are as follows:
The inbox has been completely re-built with all the features now in one place. From the inbox you can now view, reply, delete and archive conversations and switch to view the archived conversations. We have also added a new feature that allows you to report a conversation to the site administrator if you feel the content is inappropriate.
New Message Conversation View
We have revised the message conversation view to now show the message conversation much more clearly. The style is similar to a smart phone text message style display which a lot of users will be familiar with. Also the whole conversation is now shown without having to expand or collapse the messages, as was required previously.
The site now features “live updates” which will let you know straight away if you have a new message. These updates appear in several different places:
- In the “Members Menu” a number appears next to the “Inbox” option to tell you how many unread messages you have in your inbox. If you receive a new message while you are on the site this number will update automatically, even without reloading the page.
- If you are viewing the “inbox” and you receive a new message this will automatically show the unread conversation at the top of the inbox in “bold” (indicating unread) and will update even if you don’t reload the page.
- If you are viewing a conversation and a new message is added to that conversation it will automatically appear, creating the possibility to have a “live” chat with another member.
Following on from point 3 above, we will be adding some additional features very soon which will allow you to see which other members are currently “online” extending the possibility to have live chats. This update will land in the next couple of months so keep an eye on the blog for details.
As always we welcome your comments and views on the latest updates, please leave a comment here or via our Facebook page.
We have just release an update to the site that we are quiet excited about. This update is to the photo adding part of the account settings. We have made two major changes to this. Firstly, the “upload” option has been greatly improved, both for the user and on the server side to improve the experience of uploading photos to profile. Secondly (and most excitingly) we have added a new options to get photos on your profile, the “Get from Facebook” option. To use this option, simply click the option and follow the instructions, it very simply.
If you have any problems or questions please email us at email@example.com.
We have recently added a new feature to the search results page, the ability to sort the results by ‘nearest’. Two things to know about the new feature.
- It is only available when you are logged into the site and you have filled in your ‘postcode’ in your profile. If you have not done this yet, simply go to ‘Account Setting’ from the Members Menu and you can added it there.
- When you sort by ‘nearest’ you may find that you get slightly less results. This is because we can only order by distance for other people that have filled in their postcode.
Hope you like the new feature. Keep you eyes on the blog for more as we are working on the site all the time to make it better. As always, if you have any suggestions please remember to either leave a comment on the blog.
We have added some new code to the photo upload facility to make it more robust and able to handle different types of JPEG images better. So far these fixes appear to have been successful. More updates coming soon. As always, if you have any suggestions please remember to either leave a comment on the blog.
Just spend several hours going over the error logs and fixing as many minor bugs as I could find. Hopefully this will make the site less prone to errors that people see, so far it is looking good, no new errors in the logs since the fixes were uploaded!!! Next it is on to fixing a bigger issue with the photo upload section that seems to be affecting some people every now and again. As also, if you have any suggestions please remember to either leave a comment on the blog.
We have made several updates to the site other the last couple of weeks and we just wanted to let everyone know about them. The updates are as follows:
- The search results page has been updated with a new look for the top section of the page where the ‘refine search’ and result summary appears. The new look has been designed to make things clearer and more useable. We have also added a “sort results by” options to allow you to re-order the search results so you can find that special someone even quicker.
- The “In Your Area” option on the members menu know only shows members in your area that are the gender you are looking for and that are looking for your gender. For example if you are man looking for a women, it will now only show you women looking for men in your area.
- The “Viewed me” page now shows the location of the people that have viewed you.
We have more updates in the pipeline and we will of course update the blog when they are released. In the mean time if you have any requests leave a comment on the blog.
Just uploaded a couple of minor updates to the site, most small bug fixes. The main ones being a fix to a search problem on the Ireland site. There are more minor updates coming over the next couple of days and then some bigger updates in about a month or so.